Funding in Queensland (QLD)
There are two (2) options for funded training in Queensland. The Certificate III Guarantee and User choice.
Queensland Certificate 3 Guarantee Funding
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III level qualification. This funding is available to help people increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
This Queensland funding program also supports school students and local year twelve (12) graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications.
Eligibility for Certificate 3 Guarantee funding:
- Queensland resident aged fifteen (15) years or over who are no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Participants must be Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school or foundation skills training)
Courses funded under the Queensland Certificate 3 Guarantee
- ICT20315 Certificate II in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30415 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operate
- ICT30515 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
Queensland User Choice funding
The User Choice program subsidises training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees. The program provides the flexibility for apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred registered training organisation (RTO) from a list of pre-qualified suppliers (PQS) for the delivery of accredited training to meet their specific needs.
Eligibility for User Choice funding:
- An apprentice or trainee must have entered into a training contract for a qualification that is funded by the department and be registered in DELTA
- The contract commencement date or recommencement date must be on or after 1 July 2010
- The training provider selected to deliver the training must hold a pre-qualified supplier (PQS) status for the nominated qualification
Courses funded under User Choice?
The funding priorities under the User Choice 2017–20 program are:
- Priority One (100% subsidised) qualifications for occupations deemed to be critical priorities in Queensland
- Priority Two (87.5% subsidised) qualifications for occupations considered as high priorities
- Priority Three (75% subsidised) qualifications for occupations considered as medium priorities
Fee-free Training for year 12 graduates
Fee-free training applies to high priority qualifications available under the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program or User Choice program, which funds training and assessment services for apprenticeships and traineeships.
Eligibility for Fee-free Year 12 training:
To be eligible to access fee-free training, individuals must:
- Have completed year twelve (12) in Queensland and hold a Senior Statement, or equivalent certification
- Enrol and start an apprenticeship, traineeship or training with an approved training provider in a high priority qualification by the thirty first (31) of December the year after graduating
- Permanently reside in Queensland