New South Wales Smart and Skilled
New South Wales (NSW) Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training system. It’s helping people get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers. With Smart and Skilled, you have more choice when selecting courses and training providers.
NSW Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- An entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
Am I eligible to apply ?
If you are:
- Living or working in NSW
- An Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand Citizen
- 15 years old or older
- No longer in secondary education (high school)
- Have been working for your employer for less than three (3) months
You could be eligible for this funding.
- ICT20315 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30415 – Certificate III in Network Build and Operate
For more information about Smart and Skilled and whether you could get funding to advance your career in the telecommunications industry go to smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Fees and Charges
The NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course and the learner pays the balance. Fees are calculated for full qualifications, rather than year-by-year. Learners choice of training provider does not affect the fee learners pay for qualifications.
The Student Fee Calculator can be found on the ‘Find a Course‘ page of the Smart and Skilled website.
From the 1 July 2018, the NSW Government is making new apprenticeships fee-free – meaning no more upfront training costs for students or employers. Find out more from vet.nsw.gov.au