The Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
ACT Australian Apprenticeship Program
This training is subsidised by the ACT Government.
The ACT Australian apprenticeship program includes both apprenticeships and traineeships. The Australian apprenticeships initiative combines practical work with structured learning and leads to a nationally recognised qualification. Learners and employers are able to search a list of registered qualifications and RTOs approved to deliver Australian apprenticeships training in the ACT.
Click here for the ACT Qualification Register.
JB Hunter is approved to deliver the following qualifications:
- ICT30419 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation
- ICT30519 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
Personal Eligibility Criteria for the ACT Australian Apprenticeship Program
To be eligible for an ACT training contract the learner must:
- Work in the ACT
- Be at least fifteen (15) years of age
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent resident, New Zealand passport holder who has been a resident in Australian for more than 6 months, or Visa holder with rights to engage in work in Australia
- Receive remuneration for their work
- Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours combined work and training per week. Employment and training hours may be averaged over four (4) weeks for non-school based training contracts
- Undertake an approved Australian Apprenticeship qualification with an approved RTO, as specified on the ACT Qualification Register
- Have the required supervision in the workplace for an Australian Apprentice
ACT Australian Apprenticeship Program: Fees and Charges
The ACT Government contributes to the cost of each course and the learner pays the balance. Learners are charged per qualification.
- ICT30419 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation: $350.00
- ICT30519 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology: $350.00
There may be a requirement for a co-contribution from employers dependent upon certain circumstance. This co-contribution will be discussed and agreed to prior to the commencement of training.
Australian Apprentices who successfully complete their qualification are eligible for a completion payment. A completion payment will be paid directly to the Australian Apprentice upon completion of the qualification and a survey. The completion payment is $300 for each qualification. Australian Apprentices will be eligible to receive the completion payment for up to one (1) year after successful completion of the qualification, provided up to date email and bank account details are confirmed.