Unique Student Identifier
- Learners will be able to get a complete record of their Australian-wide VET achievements from a single, secure and accurate online source.
- There will be immediate access to VET records. This means records can be quickly given to employers, other training organisations etc as proof of VET achievements.
- It will be easier for training organsiations to assess learners' pre-requisites, credit transfers and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Creating a USI
To create a USI the process is quick and easy. This will only take you a few minutes of your time. To obtain a USI you will need one form of ID. Forms of ID accepted are;
- Driver's licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa) for international learners
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
The USI website have detailed information on the steps to create a USI. Click here for information on the process to obtain a USI.
When you create your USI the system will check existing accounts and advise if there is a USI account already established. If learners become aware of the possibility of having two USIs, learners should report the issue to the USI Office. The USI Office will work with the relevant parties to resolve the issue and advise learners of the outcome.
If learners forget or lose their USI, learners can retrieve it online. Learners will need to enter a few details to verify who you are to display the learners USI. The details must be the same as those the learner entered when applying for a USI or, when learners last updated their USI account.