Certificate III Guarantee
This training is subsidised by the QLD Government.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program provides a government subsidy to support eligible learners to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. It also supports Queensland's Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications.
For more information on the Certificate III Guarantee program phone the Queensland Department of Education and Training 1300 369 935 or visit the website at http://training.qld.gov.au. Or click here for the Department of Education and Training Student Fact Sheet.
JB Hunter Technology (90277) is contracted to deliver training in the following qualifications
ICT20315 Certificate II in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30415 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operate
- ICT30515 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT20213 Certificate II in Telecommunications (No new enrolments)
- ICT20313 Certificate II in Telecommunications Cabling (No new enrolments)
- ICT30213 Certificate III in Telecommunications (Now ONLY applies where significant RPL applies, no new enrolments)
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate III Guarantee, prospective learners must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- no longer attending school
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident, temporary resident or New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate III or higher level qualification
To support Queensland's Year 12 graduates to successfully transition to employment, the government is offering fee-free training in high-priority qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
To be eligible for fee-free training, the learner must meet the above Certificate 3 Guarantee eligibility and:
- have evidence of completing Year 12 in Queensland
- enrol in a high-priority qualification under the program
- commence training within 12 months of graduating Year 12
Note that learners will no longer be eligible for a government subsidised training place under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program once they complete a Certificate III level qualification.
Fees and Charges
Given the benefit that training provides to individuals, learners undertaking certificate III training and non-concessional learners undertaking lower level training are required to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee.
The fee may be paid on behalf of learners by an employer or another third-party. The amount of learners co-contribution will vary depending on the course you undertake.
For our Fee Protection Statement click here.
Concessional learners - co-contribution fee per unit of competency $0.00
Concessional learner status applies when:
- the learner holds a Health Card concession card or Pensioner concession card or is the partner or dependant of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card and is named on the card
- the learner is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- the learner is a school student and in enrolled in the VETiS program
- the learner has a disability
- the learner is an adult prisoner
Non-Concessional learners - co-contribution fee per unit of competency $15.00