ACT Australian Apprenticeship Program
This training is subsidised by the ACT Government.
The ACT Australian Apprenticeship training initiative includes both apprenticeships and traineeships. The Australian Apprenticeships initiative combine practical work with strucutred learning and lead to a nationally recognised qualification. Learners and employers are able to search a list of registered qualifications and RTOs approved to deliverAustralia Apprenticeships training on the ACT. Click here for the ACT Qualification Register.
JB Hunter Technology (JBHT) are approved for the following qualifications;
- ICT20315 Certificate II in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30415 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operate
- ICT30515 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30213 Certificate III in Telecommunications (Now ONLY applies where significant RPL applies, no new enrollments)
Personal Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for an ACT training contracr the learner must:
- Work in the ACT, and
- Be at least 15 years of age, and
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent resident, New Zealand passport holder who has been a resident in Australian for more than 6 months, or Visa holder with rights to engage in work in Australia, and
- Receive remuneration for their work, and
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours combined work and training per week. Employment and training hours may be averaged over 4 weeks fro non-school based training contracts, and
- Undertakean approved Australan Apprenticeship qualification with an approved RTO, as specified on the ACT Qualification Register, and
- Have the required supervision in the workplace for an Australian Apprentice.
Fees and Charges
The ACT Government contributes to the cost of each course and the learner pays the balance. Learners are charged $350 per qualification. There may be a requirement for a co-contribution from employers dependent upon certain circumstance. This co-contribution will be discussed and agreed prior to the commencement of training.
Australian Apprentices who successfully complete their qualifcation are eligible for a completion payment. A completion payment will be paid directly to the Australian Apprentice upon completion of the qualification and a survey. The completion payment is $300 for each qualification. Australian Apprentices will be eligible to receive the completion payment for up to 1 year after successful completion of the qualification, provided up to date email and bank account details are confirmed.
An Australian Apprentice is not eligible for completion paymnet where more than 50% of the units are completed through RPL. A significant proportion of units completed through credit transfer may also impact on learner eligibility fr the completion payment.