Safety Courses are NOT scheduled as separate public courses and are only available for Special Programs or In-house courses.
ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
This unit (ICTWHS204 - Follow work health and saftey and enviromental policy and procedures) describes the skills and knowledge required to follow safe working practices and environmental policy in the management of a telecommunications workplace. It applies to telecommunications staff working under supervision in a technical environment and includes school based workers, entry-level workers, trainees and apprentices, and field officers deploying broadband access networks using optical technologies and other work on live systems.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements.
- Identify work health and safety (WHS) legislative requirements
- Identify construction hazards and control measures
- Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control
- Follow safety requirements for working with optical fibre equipment
- Identify and implement WHS communication and reporting processes
- Follow WHS incident response procedures
- Contribute to management of WHS
- Contribute to management of workplace environmental issues
- Identify and respond appropriately to asbestos containing materials (ACM) hazards
- Identify minor traffic management
- Recognise and respond appropriately to confined space