Safety Courses are NOT scheduled as separate public courses and are only available for Special Programs or In-house courses.
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This unit (HLTAID001 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
It to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform CPR procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies