ICT30515 Certificate III In Telecommunications Technology
The ICT30515 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology is a trade level qualification for those working in the telecommunications industry. This program covers a broad range of telecommunication skills and provides a solid base for workers undertaking jobs selecting, installing and configuring equipment in convergent technology networks.
Successful participants will have an understanding of optical, copper (phone and data) and coaxial cabling. They will understand the regulatory requirements around telecommunications work and be provided with the opportunity to practice their skills in a simulated environment.
* To obtain your Open Cabler Registration, you must also complete 360 industry based cabling hours and apply via an ACMA approved registrar.
This program may be available as a traineeship or apprenticeship in your state. Please ask you enrolment advisor about traineeship/apprenticeship options.
There are no pre-requisites for this program. Students with a colour deficiency should consult our enrolment advisors as some units may not be suitable.
This program is available via face to face delivery with some online learning content. This program can be delivered on client sites, subject to having a suitable site for learning and practical assessment.
To successfully obtain this qualification, students must complete the "Industry Fundamental Units", "IP Networking Equipment Installation" and the "Cable Testing Fault Finding" learning blocks plus a selection of 7 elective units. The 7 elective units should be selected to align with work based activities. Elective units can only be completed as a group within their learning block.
This program awards the following nationally accredited units of competency:
Industry Fundamental Units – Mandatory Core Units
- ICTWOR305 - Supervise worksite activities
- ICTWOR201 - Work effectively in telecommunications technology
- ICTWHS204 - Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- ICTTEN201 - Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
- ICTTEN202 - Use hand and power tools
IP Networking & Equipment Installation
- ICTTEN207 - Install and test internet protocol devices in convergence networks
- ICTTEN302 - Install telecommunications network equipment
Cable Testing & Fault Finding
- ICTCBL304 - Perform cable and system test on customer premises
- ICTCBL306 - Locate and identify cable system faults
Elective Learning - select seven (7) units from within the following blocks
Open Registration - Elective Block
- ICTCBL236 - Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Restricted Rule
- ICTCMP202 - Perform restricted customer premises broadband cabling work: ACMA Restricted Rule
- ICTCBL237 - Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule
Cabling Endorsements - Elective Block
- ICTCBL301 - Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation
- ICTCBL302 - Install and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises
- ICTTEN311 - Inspect, clean and handle optical fibre cable and connectors
- ICTCBL303 - Install and terminate coaxial cable
Alternate Elective Option for Students who hold the Open Registration
Pit, Pipe & Hauling - Elective Block
- ICTCBL308 - Install underground cable
- ICTCBL307 - Install underground enclosures and conduit
- ICTCBL220 - Install a cable lead-in