JB Hunter CCT Remediation Program
- A deposit of $550 is required at time of enrolment.
- A minimum class size of 8 is required to run this course. If subscription levels are not met JB Hunter reserves the right to cancel the scheduled course.
- In this event JB Hunter will refund any deposits received.
- No refunds for non-attendance
The course is designed for workers already working on the Telstra Installation and maintenance (I&M) contract who need some additional training to maintain compliance to contract KPI’s.
This course covers the higher-level skills associated with Telstra I&M work, with a focus on correct jointing techniques, XDSL transmission, fault finding methodology and correct use of the Viavi or EXFO network test devices. The course is ideal for CCT’s who have struggled to meet KPI requirements and require some hands on simulated environment training to further enhance their skills.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be issued with:
- A Certificate of Completion for the JB Hunter course:
- JBHT-01TRP - JB Hunter Remediation Program
- JBHT-01ATE - Advanced 2nd Generation Test Equipment
- JBHT-01ADSL ADSL/XDSL - Transmission
This course will be delivered at JB Hunter premises nationally.
At the completion of the course, learners will have an understanding of:
Advanced Fault Finding
- Using advanced network test equipment such as the Viavi ONX-620/HST 3000 & EXFO Maxtester 635
- Correct use of test leads
- Common fault types
- Fault finding methodology
- Isolating and rectifying fault scenarios
- Basic XDSL transmission principles
- Differences between voice and XDSL transmission
- Common XDSL faults – causes, identification and rectification
- Line condition and what happens with XDSL speed
- Legacy joints types – how to identify and work with PVC, HSOJ, RADI & Frog/Sock joints
- Correct installation practices for Dexgreen Openable Joints – new and maintenance
- Accessing a heat shrink joint without using a flame brush
- Cable identification
- Legacy cable types and colour codes
- Jumpering in the pillar
- Jumpering in the exchange
- Plan reading
- Rural runs (loading coils, etc)
- Running cable in residential properties
Participants will be required to bring the following to class:
- A proof of identity to be sighted by the instructor – this can be either a current photo driver’s licence,passport or company photo ID
- Suitable workplace clothing and footwear
- Viavi or EXFO Advanced Network Test Unit
- Tools and equipment for I&M work
- 2 x Openable Joints