Pit & Pipe Practices
This course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to construct underground telecommunications infrastructure made up of conduits and enclosures for cabling provisioning.
This is a Telstra accredited course providing learners with the necessary skills to work in accordance with Telstra requirements.
Completion of a general industry safety course e.g. white card.
This course covers:
- Introduction to the Telstra Network
- Health, safety and the environment
- External plant symbols
- Types of installations and plant
- Pit and pipe components
- Tools and safety checks
- Preparations for installation
- Conduit installation
- Pit installation
- Siting and installing Cross Connect Unit (CCU) base and housing
- Provision of customer premises lead-ins
- Maintenance of pits, pipes and manholes
National competency standardICTCBL213 - Construct underground telecommunications infrastructure