Optical Fibre Jointing
This course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to splice and terminate optical fibre cable within an optical telecommunications transmission environment.
This is a Telstra accredited course providing learners with the necessary skills to work in accordance with Telstra requirements.
This course covers:
- Optical fibre properties, construction and transmission
- Housing optical fibre cables in manholes and pits
- Cable and fibre preparation
- Optical fibre preparation
- Optical fibre closures (field located)
- Optical fibre distribution frame
- Fibre splicing
- Transmission testing
National competency standardICTCBL208 - Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for carriers and service providers