Basic Copper Jointing
Learners will gain the skills and knowledge required to install a telecommunications service to a building, to joint metallic conductor cable on the service and to install an above ground equipment enclosure for cabling provisioning.
This is a Telstra accredited course providing learners with the necessary skills to work in accordance with Telstra requirements.
This course covers:
- Health, safety and environment
- Cable types, uses, recognition, pair colour coding
- Joint enclosures - types, uses, recognition including butt-ended and in-line xaga joint enclosures
- Installing jointing enclosures including heat shrink techniques
- Conductor jointing
- Sealing practices
- Cable pair termination facilities (sockets, wall enclosures, distribution frames and CCU terminations and jumpering)
- Plan reading, cable pair and jumpering records
- DC principles
- Test equipment - choice and use
National competency standardICTCBL215 - Joint metallic conductor cable in access network
ICTCBL210 - Install telecommunications service to a building