Copper Jointing - Simplex
Learners will gain the skills and knowledge required to understand the carrier network architecture and then joint metallic conductor cable on the service. Learners will get hands on experience with both new and maintenance style joints.
This is an nbn™ accredited course providing learners with the necessary skills to work in accordance with nbn™ requirements.
This course covers:
- Health, safety and environment
- Cable types, uses, recognition, pair colour coding
- Joint enclosures - types, uses, recognition
- Installing butt-ended jointing enclosures, both new and maintenance style joints
- Conductor jointing
- Sealing practices
- Cable pair termination facilities (sockets, wall enclosures, distribution frames and CCU terminations and jumpering)
- Plan reading, cable pair and jumpering records
- Basic cable continuity testing
National competency standardICTCBL215 - Joint metallic conductor cable in access network
ICTCBL317 - Cut over metallic conductor cable in the access network