ICTCBL238 - Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Lift Rule
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to safely install, maintain and modify communications cabling required on a customer's premises, according to Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) Lift Cabling Provider Rule. It applies to individuals who are qualified licensed electricians working in technical roles for lift installations on new or upgrade installations for an existing network or subsystem for convergence to next generation network (NGN) applications.
All customer cabling work in the telecommunications, fire, security and data industries must be performed by a registered cabler. All cablers are required to register with an ACMA accredited registrar.
- Work within constraints imposed by customer premises and ACMA regulatory environment
- Manage remote power feed
- Install and modify cable support, earthing and termination infrastructure
- Install cables and earth wires
- Terminate and test cables and earth wires
- Inspect cable route to ensure correct separations
- Evaluate earthing needs for cable systems on customer premises
- Label earthing systems
- Create or update cable plans and records
- Monitor work activity